What is intention?
Intention is a mental state. It’s your aim, purpose, or goal. It’s something you want to do or something you want to create in your life.
Why is intention important?
Research shows that when we start each day with positive words and thoughts we are more likely to think, feel and behave in ways that can build our overall mental wellness. It creates purpose, inspiration and motivation.
What is my intention?
Start simple! Your intention can be something that you want to work on or something positive that you want to have more of in your life.
Here are some ideas; love, friendship, confidence, happiness, gratitude, forgiveness, courage, creativity. You may have to sit still and take some deep breaths. Go with what the first thing is that comes to mind!
Fun and easy ways to start living with more positive intention
- Share your intention with a friend
- Write your intention down on your mirror, a sticky note on your wall, make a fun poster and hang it up.
- Start each day reminding yourself of your intention. Say it out loud. Say it to yourself in the mirror in a positive way.
For parents and children:
- Check out this Youtube video from Big Life Journal to get an idea on how you can start daily intentions with your kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-cvlo7jQ64. An idea for you is to try making your own.
- You can print out these free affirmation cards http://www.kidshappyapps.com/…/2013/05/Kids-affirmations.pdf and start picking one every morning with your kids.
You can listen to this meditation on setting intentions to build a positive attitude https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX4T_X7967Y